Match It! Words teaches words in an interactive fun way. Each card has two pieces-a picture of an object with its beginning sound and the word ending. By simply matching the object card with the proper word ending, children will learn to recognize the spelling of simple words. The puzzle pairs are self-correcting-only correct object and word endings will fit together.
- Suggested Age: 3 Years and Up
- Educational Focus: Problem Solving
- Battery: N, No Battery Used
- BUILD ON EARLY READING SKILLS – The Match It! Words collection of puzzles teach a range of early reading skills including letter recognition, word endings, and spelling. By matching cards together to form a word, the child gains an important understanding of the mechanics of reading, all aided by the pictures which provide a clue to the word being formed.
- ENCOURAGE CONFIDENCE IN LITERACY – The puzzles contain words of varying length with a wide range of different letter combinations and sounds to explore. Learning to read can be a daunting process but self-correcting puzzles, where the pieces will only fit if they are correct, can provide a boost of confidence. This can help any child to feel more positive and confident when approaching literacy tasks.
- INTRODUCE KEY PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS – These puzzles are an ideal way to help your child develop basic understanding of how to solve simple problems, developing important skills that will help them as they progress on to more difficult tasks.
- IMPROVE MOTOR SKILLS: Thick, durable cardboard construction makes products easy to grasp and use, and also a great way of improving hand-eye coordination and encouraging the development of essential motor skills.
- INCREASE ATTENTION SPAN & FOCUS – Working towards creating each word provides plenty of motivation and this helps your child develop their concentration skills. Successful completion of each puzzle provides a tangible reward, which teaches the child the importance of focusing.
There are no reviews yet.